Search This Blog

Monday, January 31, 2011

Calcutta Random....

oh! I loved the trip to the snake Park, I asked my Driver to take me to the snake park, It was an hours drive from the heart of the City to the outskirts to reach the snake park, on the way I spotted out some clay artists, I asked the driver to stop the car and took some pictures of the clay idols, as Sarswati Puja (festival celebrated for the goddess of learning) was ahead, these idols will be dressed and decorated with artificial ornaments.

Idols of goddess Saraswati

Goddess Saraswati:  She is said to have invented Sanskrit, the language of the Brahmins, of scriptures and scholarship.

The festival is celebrated in the month of feb, She is the Goddess who signifies knowledge, learning, arts and culture. She is seen as the serene Goddess wearing a crescent moon on her brow riding a swan or seated on a lotus flower. Saraswati Puja is performed to pay allegiance to the Goddess of learning.

The festival of goddess of learning, is celebrated by Students, artists and professors. the festival is organised in schools, colleges, universities,residence & community centers.


You should see them once they are decorated, after the festival these idols are immersed in ponds or in the near by rivers.


An artist giving the final touch...


After taking a few shots I proceeded towards the snake park..... the entry fee at the park was ten rupees per person, the park was not up to my expectations, it was not well organised, lack of sanitation most of the animals looked dead however I loved watching the King Cobra.

King Cobra







The quaking of Ducks was no less then a song..


Sun basking Snake

looks like a zombie..



I was wondering whether this snake was dead or alive... it didn't move a muscle


It seemed as if they were playing Rugby 


The place was quite and peaceful and it is a place for love birds



Heading back to home sweet home....

oops!
 I missed something.. shopping was on mind... the next evening I visited the mall close to my residence: Mani Square, the best thing about this mall is that it is not over crowed like the other malls.


Scary House at Mani Square
oh! no I will never enter this house again, it was so scary and dark, but I enjoyed it...


It was pitch dark inside with few dim lights and some artificial ghosts


They change the theme every day to make it more scary.



love the decorum...




Food court... had some quick bites here..




I was looking for a gift for my friend's kid.. at last I got one.. 



Place for woman: I figured out few modular Kitchen, they are cool..




                                                Modular kitchens





Posing for a click..


Kids bed at the mall...


After going around the mall I was tired and needed a Cup of coffee badly.....my hubby and I barged into the cafe coffee day.









Ah! I love the coffee....




My hubby also loves to have coffee..


Cafe Coffee Day at Mani Square..


The following day I visited the Big Bazar at High land Park to buy some grocery stuff and picked some casual wear ....





Toys..Toys..Toys..



Picked some toys for Sweety and her pups






 I like the casual cotton wear...





It is so difficult to choose at times..


















No comments:

Post a Comment